陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

原则重于后果/利益 Principle is More Important than Interest

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:12 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

陈凯博客www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com

原则重于后果/利益
Principle is More Important than Interest

价值一语: Words of Value:

The political parties that I would call great, are those which cling more to principles than to consequences; to general, and not to speical cases; to ideas, and not to men. --- Such parties are usually distinguished by a nobler character, more generous passions, more genuine convictions, and a more bold and open conduct than others. --- Alexis Charles Henry de Tocqueville

我所称之为伟大的政党是那些靠原则而不靠结果;靠总体而不靠具体;靠理念而不靠人。 --- 这样的政党,比较其他的政党,会拥有更高贵的品行,更宏大的激情,更真诚的信念,和更勇敢与开放的行为。 --- Alexis Charles Henry de Tocqueville

By Kai Chen 陈凯 (Reprint 9/29/2011)

This quote from Tocqueville reminds me of the famous saying from Thomas Jefferson: "Those who want to sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither."

I thank youpai.org for opening this forum for me to express myself. They took a risk and their conduct shows me that they are a group of people who value principle more than consequences. I hope my conduct is worthy of their trust. They have shown me that they have courage and conviction to do the right thing, regardless consequences. This mindset will result in great things.

Too many times I encounter people who are concerned more about result and consequences than convictions and principles. They are like money-chasers without knowing that those who really make a lot of money are those who follow their passion and conviction, not money itself. Many people are simply caught up in the daily struggle for material gains and have forgotten the pursuit of the meaning of their existence. They are the ones who end up most unhappy about life.

Only those who passionately pursue their love and interest in life, and seek the meaning of their own existence often end up a happy person. This is not an irony, but logic. You often find that some people age faster than others, and some people simply remain forever young. You dig a little deeper and you will realize those who age fast are those who only pursue the superficial and material, and thos who remain young are those who seek substance and essence in life.

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2638 posts.