陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

如果我能自由,你也能 If I Can be Free, You Can as Well

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:30 pm
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

陈凯博客www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com

陈凯一语: Kai Chen's Words:

一个自由人在自己受奴受害之后会向自己说: “我因此而绝不去害他人,并决意努力铲除害人的源泉。” 一个奴隶却会相反。 他在受奴受害后会对自己说: “我因此而不相信任何良德与自由。 我会由此而为我将来的害人找出动力与借口。”

A free man, after being harmed by others, will say to himself: "Because I have been harmed, I will never harm others and I will do my best to rid off all that have caused harm." A slave would do the opposite. He, after being enslaved and harmed, will say to himself: "Because I have been harmed, I will never believe that morals and conscience exist among humanity. Therefore, I will do whatever to survive, including harming others and making excuses, even glorifying it in doing so."

我从我的经历中看到了上苍与自由的伟力。 我看到了自由的可能,可贵与必须。 如果我能自由,我相信与希望你也可能自由。

From my life experience I have seen the power of the Almighty and the power of freedom. I have seen the possibility, the value and the necessity of being free. If I can be free, I believe and hope you can be free as well.

如果我能自由,你也能
If I Can be Free, You Can as Well

By Kai Chen 陈凯 (Written 2006, Reprint 9/25/2011)

The most common mistakes and misconceptions among my readers and my colleagues are that though my ideas and ideals are noble and righteous, they are not practical. They contend that the Chinese will never accept my visions and ideals. Therefore, in their estimation and views, freedom somehow is only a remote fantasy, not a practical necessity, to the Chinese and to themselves.

Against this view, I beg to differ. And my evidence? Myself.

I have often said that what differentiates the right from the left is that the right views the world starting from himself, while the left views the world starting from others and the collective; the right views the possibility of freedom from his own experiences and draws strength from the Almighty, while the left views freedom from others' perspective and the collective view. They only draw their power from numbers and quantities of humanity. Because of such a contrast, the right will always tell themselves: "If I can do it, you can do it too." Contrarily, the left will always bury themselves in the illusions of glory of the masses and the collective and the delusions of themselves being God. They will always tell themselves: "I did it because I am special and above others. Therefore, I will play God to save the miserable humanity. The others will never be as great and smart as I am. I have succeeded but I don't believe you can. You need me to help you and command you - the poor and unfortunate fools."

Can a person with the Chinese background be ever free? The answer is positive, for every Chinese is a human being first. But in order to be free, they have to take themselves as human beings first, and shed their own enslaving shells and guards as "Chinese first". I have done it and now I am enjoying the time of my life. I believe you, the Chinese person, can do it as well.

By first freeing yourself from your enslaving, suffocating shell of being "Chinese", you will indeed finally embark on the great journey of self-discovery - the Journey toward Freedom.

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
1 Member and 6 Guests are online.:
fountainheadkcA

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2635 posts.