陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

你现在就可脱中国 Freedom Now

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:27 pm
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

你现在就可脱中国
Freedom Now - Why Wait for Next Life?

每日一语:

We cannot do evil to others without doing it to ourselves. --- Joseph Francois Eduard Desmahis

对他人的邪恶其实是对自己的邪恶。 --- Joseph Francois Eduard Desmahis

You can be free now. You can be free in this life time of yours, only if you are willing. Do not do nothing and wait for your next life. --- Kai Chen

你现在就可以自由。 你今生就可以自由,只要你愿意。 不要妄等来世。
--- 陈凯

Dear Visitors:

The survey not long ago about "whether you still want to be a Chinese in your next life" was an interesting,intriguing and provocative one. I applaud the initiator of such a survey. Yet I am not satisfied with the question itself. It implies that we as individual human beings have no choice in choosing our own identity, in this life. Somehow the question's premise is that we are determined by our births, as far as our own individual identity is concerned.

The most common misperception and misconception, especially among the Chinese, is that we are NOT free beings, and we are determined by our births, our culture, our environment, our upbringings, out time..., everything but our own free will. Unless and until the Chinese break this slave-orientied mindset, they will remain enslaved, not just by their own government and their own slave masters - their own culture and ancestors, but indeed by themselves, by their ignorance and stupidity.

WHY NOT NOW? WHY NOT FREE NOW? WHY DON'T YOU SET YOURSELF FREE NOW, IN THIS LIFE?? WHY WAIT FOR YOUR NEXT LIFE??

The Chinese need to answer these questions. When people ask me where I am from, I always answer to them:

"I am from Los Angeles. I am an American."

Sometimes when I have to get into the details about my own identity when people ask me about my nationality and ethnicity, I will answer:

"I am Chinese by birth, American by choice. China is my ancestral land, America is MY Country."

I hope if someone on the street starts asking you the same question as from where you come from, my answers will provide you some clue as to how you see yourself when you answer the question.

Freedom is a matter of choice as far as a person's identity is concerned. If you want to be free, you can be free this very moment. You just have to shed all the cultural shackles and chains your homeland has put on you and declare loudly, shamelessly, and proudly:

"I am a human being. I am an individual. I don't need labels and chains by others to find my own identity. My identity is defined by God-given freedom and who I am is for myself to find out. So don't label me because of my skin colors, my accent or my appearence. Respect me as a human being. Give me dignity as an individual. Treat me as a free being with freewill, self-made choices and responsibilities."

Then and only then, when we treat ourselves as individual human beings with freedom, self-respect and dignity, we can truly join the ranks of human race, and become a true human being -- an American, no matter where you are and what language you speak, what kind of ancestors you have, what kind of environment you are born into....

Let's be human beings NOW, not next life. Let's be individuals with dignity NOW, not next life. Let's be free beings NOW, not next life. Let's be Americans NOW, not next life.

WE CAN BE FREE, IN THIS LIFE, BY OUR OWN CHOICE, NOW.

Best. Kai Chen 陈凯

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2638 posts.