陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

社会等级 vs. 道德 Social Stratification vs. Morality

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:21 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

社会等级 vs. 道德
Social Stratification vs. Morality

每日一语:

道德与社会等级是不能共存的。 有社会等级的地方是无道德与反道德的。 有道德的地方是反社会等级的。 从没有等级的道德与道德的等级。 --- 陈凯

Morality can never coexist with social stratification. Where there is social stratification, there will be no morality. Where there is morality, there will be no social stratification. There is no such thing as stratified morality or moral stratification. --- Kai Chen

我要提醒你们: 在保卫自由的斗争中,极端并不是一个瑕疵。 在争取正义的事业里,中庸并不是一种美德。 --- 哥德华特

I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue. --- Barry Goldwater

-----------------------------------------------------

Dear Visitors:

Some say that after the communist regime is gone in China, we should adopt certain Confucian elements into new China's Constitution in order to have some kind of Chinese style democracy. This is a dangerous illusion. It is tantamount to saying that we should put Aids virus together with our food, or inject cancer cells into our healthy bodies, and expect we can live longer.

It reminds me of the story about the first Emperor Qin: In order to have longevity, he ingested mercury every day expecting mercury will prolong his life. He died of mercury poisoning soon after. Illusion kills indeed.

I want to remind everyone who has good intentions for the post-communist China. Do not think that Confucianism is congruent in any way with freedom and democracy. Do not think that social stratification which is the foundation for Confucianism is congruent in any way with morality. We must be very clear-minded in dealing with this very important issue.

To say that Confucianism can coexist with a constitutional republic is like saying that communism can coexist with individual freedom. To say social stratification can coexist with morality is like saying big government can coexist with free market capitalism. To say different morality exists to different people at different times is like saying Aids virus only kill certain group of people but not other. To view morality as relative and circumstantial to a healthy society is like saying water is only relative and circumstantial to life.....

Long time existence does not mean a being is valuable. Earthworms have been in existence much longer than humans. Time itself does not prove that anything is valuable at all. The long reign of the despotic culture in China only shows one thing to me - it is very difficult to rid off a very insidious, resilient, deadly cancer in human mind in China today, for the Chinese have ignored their own society's health for two thousand years. The cancer has become much more stubborn and much more treatment-resistant.

But the cancer must be removed in order for a healthy form of mindset to begin to develop. I will do my best to ensure there is such a beginning, starting from myself.

Best. Kai Chen 陈凯

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2638 posts.