陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

Nazanin's Song "Someday" 一位世界美女的愿望

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:16 pm
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

Link to Nazanin's Song "Someday"
一位世界美女的愿望 "终有一天"

http://music.bodoglife.net/artists/nazanin/

Folks:

I now paste the link to Nazanin's (Miss World 2003) song here, so you can experience her beauty and a good heart. She is working toward a free Iran - her ancestral land. A Christian among the majority Muslim in Iran, she fought hard to have saved some Iranian women wrongly accused and sentenced to hang. I met her at the Taipei conference and I am proud to be her friend.

http://music.bodoglife.net/artists/nazanin/

Hope you enjoy the song. Best. Kai Chen

-----------------------------------------------------------

Nazanin Afshin-Jam (Persian: نازنین افشین جم , born 1979 in Tehran, Iran) is an Iranian-Canadian Singer, Songwriter, International Human Rights Activist, model, musician, actress and a former Miss World Canada, and Miss World 1st runner up. She immigrated to Canada with her family in 1981.

Contents
1 Career
2 2003 Miss World Results
2.1 Miss World 1st runner up 2003: Nazanin Afshin-Jam
2.2 Miss World Canada 2003: Nazanin Afshin-Jam, Miss Vancouver

Career
She graduated from the University of British Columbia with a degree in International Relations and Political Science, and undertook scholarship studies at the prestigious Science Po in Paris and Herstmonceux Castle in England. After graduation she worked with the Red Cross as a Global Youth Educator, teaching on subjects ranging from the Landmine Crisis, Children affected by War, the Poverty-Disease Cycle to Natural Disasters.

She is an international model and actress and in 2003 she became Miss World Canada and joined in the Miss World contest in Sanya, China. She ranked second there, behind Rosanna Davison, Miss Ireland 2003.

Nazanin is also a pilot and is licensed to fly both powered aircraft and gliders and has achieved the highest rank in the Royal Canadian Air Cadets -- Warrant Officer First Class. She is fluent in three languages: Persian, English and French, and also knows conversational Spanish.

Her debut album is scheduled for release on April 24th 2007 via Bodog Music.

She is opposed to the death penalty being applied to 18-year-old namesake Nazanin Mahabad Fatehi, who has been sentenced to hang for stabbing one of three men who tried to rape her and her niece in Karaj in March 2005. [1] She started a campaign to help save the life of this minor including a petition which attracted more than 350,000 signatures worldwide. She has also dedicated her song "Someday the Revolution song" -one of the 12 songs on her album -Someday to Nazanin Fatehi and the other oppressed youth of Iran. "Hopefully I will get to send - or better yet hand deliver- the song to her.” said Nazanin Afshin-Jam in an interview. Eventually, Nazanin fatehi was found innocent and released on January 31, 2007. Nazanin Afshin-Jam has initiated Stop Child Executions Campaign and a new campaign and petition to stop all child executions in Iran.

"Blessed with the voice of angels Nazanin whisks audiences away on a musical journey around the world with her debut CD “Someday” [3] being released worldwide on Bodog Music. Bringing fresh phonic fusion to the forefront she combines a variety of rhythms, beats and melodies from all corners of the globe. Nazanin’s international upbringing and rich history fuel her music, as is evident in her multilingual release. She sings in English, French, Persian and Spanish. This genre-spanning song selection could be classified in many categories with prevalence in: Pop, Dance and World Beat. Her CD was released in April 2007.

Nazanin has charted a new entry (No. 20) in the Music Week - Commercial Pop Top 30 Club Chart with her debut single, "I Dance 4 U". The music video for the song has also been released

Nazanin has been climbing the ac FMQB Top 40 chart in the US and is currently at #7 for her single "Someday". The music video for this song has also been released

Nazanin's new single "I Do" has been climbing the Billboard chart (adult contemporary music) and is currently #39.

Nazanin's Christmas single "On Christmas Day" has also charted. In its first week of release it was ranked #59 on the ACQB chart. All proceeds of the song go to the Stop Child Executions Campaign.

2003 Miss World Results

Miss World 1st runner up 2003: Nazanin Afshin-Jam
Special Awards

Miss Sport 2003
Queen of the Americas 2003
50 most beautiful people in the World

Miss World Canada 2003:
Nazanin Afshin-Jam, Miss Vancouver
1st Runner-up: Marie-Andrée Poulin, Miss Montreal
2nd Runner-up: Yolaine Grant, Miss Ottawa
Special Awards

Swimwear/Beach Beauty: Nazanin Afshin-Jam

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2640 posts.