陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

奴役制体育-姚明被批 Yao Ming is Criticized

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:53 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

奴役制体育-姚明被批
Yao Ming criticized by Chinese sports group

每日一语:

我期待着有一天中国的普通人们再也不是国家与政府的工具与奴隶。 中国的运动员们将有作为人的尊严,有自己决定自己生活的权利。 他们将只由于自己对体育运动的真正热爱而参与竞争,而不是为了巩固一个压迫个人,压迫自我的专制制度。 --- 陈凯

I wish that one day all the ordinary people in China would be no longer tools and slaves for the state and the government. The Chinese athletes, as well as each and every Chinese person, would establish their own dignity, would have the inalienable rights to decide, to choose according to their own interests and love. I wish that one day they would participate in the athletic competition for the right reasons, for the pure love of the sports, NOT for solidifying a despotic system and government that oppress their own very individuality and freedom. --- Kai Chen

Dear Visitors:

I now paste this article from a few days ago. The Chinese sports authorities criticized Yao Ming for reporting late to the National Team. They stated that "national interests trumps personal interests". And they will maintain such values and order in the sports establishment. In another words, they are God and they will decide what an athlete can do and can't do, can say and can't say.

The slavery of individuals under the oppressive state continues. Has anything really changed since the day I was there?! You tell me.

Best. Kai Chen

-----------------------------------------------------------

July 18, 2007, 7:46PM

[size=24]Yao Ming criticized by Chinese sports group[/size]

Associated Press

Complete Rockets coverage SHANGHAI, China — China's official sports association has issued an unprecedented public criticism of Yao Ming for reporting late to national team training.

The Houston Rockets' star was faulted for taking too much time off to recover from his last NBA season. The government's All-China Sports Federation also said he spent too much time planning his wedding and making appearances for the Special Olympics and 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.

"No matter how lofty public welfare activities are, they can't be allowed to take first place in a player's life," the China Sports Daily, a federation-owned newspaper, said in an article appearing Tuesday.

"No matter how sweet personal life is, it can't be compared to the exultation of capturing glory for one's nation," the article said.

Chinese Web sites later said Yao reported for national team training today.

The article quoted Li Yuanwei, the national basketball center director, as saying the team's Olympic preparations were built around their major star. Li said he hoped Yao would join the team later this month in the Stankovic Cup.

"Without Yao Ming, a warmup competition is far less valuable," the article said.

Throughout his three seasons in the NBA, Yao has largely escaped criticism from China's official media and the government by honoring his national team commitments.

Yet Tuesday's article carried echoes the bitter accusations hurled at former Dallas Mavericks player Wang Zhizhi, the first Chinese player in the NBA who refused to return to play with the national team. Wang was labeled an immature ingrate and suffered a five-year estrangement from Chinese basketball that ended only last year after he made a humiliating apology.

China will face an All-Star team from the NBA Development League in the Stankovic Cup at home, where the host team will include recent draft pick Yi Jianlian.

The Milwaukee Bucks picked Yi with the No. 6 pick in the NBA draft, but he hasn't committed to playing for them because his agent hoped he would be drafted by a team in a market with a larger Chinese population.

Chinese fans and the former national coach have urged Yi to sign with the Bucks, but the owner of his former team in China, the Guangdong Tigers, recently suggested that the 7-foot power forward's NBA career could be over before it even begins.

"If the Bucks insist, Yi will go back" to the Chinese league, Chen Haitao was quoted as saying in Tuesday's Chinese-language Beijing News.

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2635 posts.