陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

“大家”一词是专制中文的产物 "Everyone" vs. the "Big Family"

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:21 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

“大家”一词是专制中文的产物
"Everyone" vs. the "Big Family"

每日一语:

中文语法中的无“单复数”,无“主谓语”,无“时态语态”,无“性别代词”,无“主宾格”、、,造成了人们在思维,交流,讨论,辩论时的逻辑,群个体与历史顺序的极度混乱。 "无神崇祖”便成了必然。 这种混乱的思维导致了道德上的混乱与虚无,也造成了专制的强大基点。 --- 陈凯

In Chinese grammar, there is no Singular or Plural, no Subject or Object, no Tense or Modifier, no Gender, no Active or Passive distinction.... These linguistic defects have caused tremendous confusion in the Chinese mind when they try to think, communicate, discuss, debate.... People have no sense of logic, no sense of rationality, no sense of reality, no sense of individuality, no sense of subjectivity against objectivity. Obeying and following their own ancestors becomes their only option. This confusion and chaos in the Chinese mind leads to moral relativism, fatalism and nihilism. This confusion and chaos is also the foundation for a powerful despotism. --- Kai Chen

Dear Visitors:

In English, when one uses the term "people", it has to be accompanied by a verb that is plural. Thus English gives one a sense of clarity, showing that "people" is never a monolithic and organic concept. "People" is nothing more than the collective of the basic unit in a society -- the indivisible individual with fundamental, inalienable rights (from God).

So when an English speaking person uses "people", he means entirely, philosophically, the opposite from that when a Chinese uses the same term. Chinese verbs never reflect any such distinction between a collective and an individual. Such implication has a tremendous negative connotation and leads to immeasurably destructive consequences for the Chinese society.

"Unity" having become the ultimate value, Not Liberty, for the Chinese is only one such horrendous consequence. Despotism is the only necessary result from such a perverted value.

"Big Family" 大家,is one term most Chinese use every day and every moment, without having ever realized the destructive elements and poisonous ingredients embedded in such a term. In my book "One in a Billion - Journey toward Freedom", I have specifically identified the term "Big Family" 大家, as the most damaging concept in the Chinese mind and psyche that has most effectively destroyed the Chinese sense of logic, rationality, individuality, therefore their sense of morality.

Under such a despotic term, no one has to assume any individual responsibility. Everyone can escape their own freedom and choices under the umbrella of the "Big Family" 大家. Terms like this in Chinese are countless. "百姓“,”人民“,”群众",”民族“ are only some of thousands of such despotic terms in the Chinese language. "白宫”(the White House),“总统”(President),“上帝”(God),“公民“(Citizen),are some of other terms the Chinese have imposed on the West by distorting the meaning in the original English language, thus equating Chinese despotism with Western, American freedom and democracy.

This is exactly why I have always advocated using English as the official language for China in the future. Unless and until the Chinese realize the detrimental effect of the Chinese language on their own mind, on their sense of reality, on their spirituality and morality, unless and until the Chinese start to cleanse their mind with English language, their mind and spirit will be forever locked in the dungeon of the Chinese despotic language. And they will forever walk the earth as crippled prisoners, as the ultimate living dead.

Best. Kai Chen 陈凯

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2638 posts.