陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

长城与愚公-灭灵贬智褒蠢 Great Wall and Stupidity

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:35 pm
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

长城与愚公-灭灵贬智褒蠢
On Chinese Stupidity & Pseudo-Wisdom

每日一语:

For never, never, wicked man was wise. --- Homer: Odyssey

败坏之人决不会是智慧之人。 --- Homer: Odyssey

The divine essence itself is love and wisdom. --- Emanuel Swedenborg: Divine Love and Wisdom

神的实质就是爱与智慧。 --- Emanuel Swedenborg: Divine Love and Wisdom

Dear Visitors:

你能用中国的专制文化传统取得自由和幸福吗?

Can you resort to the Chinese despotic cultural tradition to achieve freedom and happiness?

你能依靠长城抵御侵略吗?

Can you depend on the Great Wall for defense against foreign invaders?

你能靠龙的形象去建立爱,容忍与对生命与幸福的渴望吗?

Can you use the image of a Dragon to establish Love, Tolerance and the Pusuit of Life and Happiness?

你能用“愚公移山”的愚蠢去建立未来吗?

Can you use "Stupid Old Man Moving Mountains" stupidity to build better tomorrow?

你能用竹篮子去汲水吗? 你还想再编另一个更好看的竹篮子去汲水吗?

Can you use a basket to contain water? Do you still want to waste your time and energy to weave another, better looking basket to contain water?

你能用中文去获取真知吗?

Can you use the Chinese character-based, syllabic language to perceive reality and seek truth?

-----------------------------------

I have presented all these questions for you to dwell upon.

When you take the Great Wall as a source of pride, not a source of shame, or a source of Chinese wisdom, not a root of Stupidity by which millions of lives have been wasted for nothing, (for the Great Wall could never defend a thing and the subsequent conquering of China by foreign marauders proved just such a point), maybe you should start pondering about your own sanity and faculties of reasoning - your wisdom and intelligence.

When you truly think there is a shred of intelligence in the folklore "Stupid Old Man Moving Mountains" allegorized by Mao in his famous essay, you should get your own head examined. These foldlores of Chinese stupidity taken by the Chinese as the ultimate wisdom shows exactly how disgustingly sick the Chinese cultural tradition has always been. Believing in stupidity as a source of wisdom is much like the Chinese believing in that to cure poisoning you need a stronger poison. This ultimate stupidity has somehow become the ultimate "Chinese wisdom" to be taught in schools to children and propagate in society.

I would say to the "Stupid Old Man" who had enslaved his children and his children's children to toil in the mountains to remove them in order to get a little sunlight and convenience: Your wisdom and tenacity is nothing more than fostering a culture of slavery with the utmost cruelty and stupidity. Why don't you move your house toward sunlight and better roads, if your intention is really to benefit your children, not to enslave them?

With the same logic, I now ask those "China Lovers": "If you truly love human freedom, dignity, and rights to pursue happiness, why do you want to mire all the Chinese in the ancient Chinese stupidity, making it more difficult for them to shed their chains and shackles imposed upon them by the old stupid men, from Confucius to Mao?"

Are you stupid enough to join the ranks of "China Lovers"?

Best. Kai Chen 陈凯

Last edited Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:35 pm | Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2640 posts.