陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

姚明的愤怒只是灵魂的萌芽 Yao Ming and His Anger

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:49 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

陈凯博客: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com

姚明的愤怒只是灵魂的萌芽
Support Yao Ming's Words from His Anger

价值一语: Words of Value:

Conscience is the voice of the soul, the passions are the voice of the body. --- Jean Jacques Rousseau: Emile, Bk. IV

良知是来自灵魂的声音,激情是来自躯体的声音。 --- 卢梭

By Kai Chen 陈凯 (Reprint 10/9/2011)

I have written an essay sometime ago about comparing Yao Ming and Max Schmeling (the Nazi Germany's boxer). I now want to paste this recent news article about Yao Ming's angry words criticizing the Chinese sports establishment for its "killing the chicken to get the eggs". Yao Ming blasted its decision to shorten the Chinese basketball season, (by 100 games) domestically just to satisfy the political need of the government for the "national glory". All the political decisions in China's sports establishment in which many of my former colleagues are now in charge, are made with some severe damange to the sports itself.

I have also written another essay about the Chinese anti-competition sports. And I think Yao Ming has started to see the point. Being a passionate athlete who loves his profession, Yao Ming sooner or later will have to face some tough decisions in his life and career. He has to choose between his soul and his passion in a despotic setting in China, much as what I had been through. I only wish him the best. Choice is his and his alone.

Now I paste this news article here so you folks can read it:

------------------------------------------------

Yao Angry Over China's Shorter Hoops Season
'Like Killing the Hen to Get the Eggs,' Star Says

AP

SHANGHAI, China (Sept. 12) - Yao Ming has blasted China's decision to shorten its pro basketball season, saying players need more competition if they hope to improve.

"We will pay for that," the Houston Rockets star, a Chinese national team stalwart, was quoting as saying by the official China Daily newspaper.

"It is like killing the hen to get the eggs," said the 7-foot-5 center.

The Chinese Basketball Association's decision to cut 100 games from the season was intended to allow the national team more time for training ahead of the Asian Games in Doha, Qatar, in December.

However, Yao said more competition, not drills, was what was really needed.

"The lack of matches will effect the passion of players and coaches," Yao said.

Fans will be disappointed, while the schedule change will likely go down poorly with the sport's commercial sponsors, Yao said.

"When a league is not well protected by ... stable rules, the sponsors will be at a loss as how to get the gain from their investment," he said.

Yao, who turned 26 on Tuesday, was the top scorer at last month's World Championships in Japan, averaging 25.3 points per game. Despite that performance, China finished a disappointing 11th place in the competition.

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 907 topics and 2636 posts.