陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

美国的伟大导致美国强大 Greatness Leads to Power

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:11 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

陈凯博客: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com

美国的伟大导致美国强大
America's Greatness Leads to America's Power

陈凯一语: Kai Chen's Words:

“真正的富人不是追求钱财的而是追求价值的人; 真正有知识的人不是记忆摄取他人知识而是用自身的逻辑,天才与努力创造知识的人; 真正得到爱情的人不是一心追爱的而是一心追求表里一致,灵魂高尚的美丽的人; 真正强大的国度不是追求强权的而是追求自由人权的国度。”

"The real wealthy are not those who chase after money but those who chase after passion and value; the real knowledgeable are not those who memorize what has been discovered but those who set out to discover; the ones who are truly loved are not those who chase after love but those who maintain their integrity and soulfulness; the real powerful countries are not those who chase after power but those that chase after freedom and rights for their citizens."

By Kai Chen 陈凯 (Reprint 10/2/2011)

Many from China have told me that America is powerful is because America is wealthy, and they think if China is wealthy it will be powerful and therefore will be great as America. The communist party in China also propagates this idea that wealth is everything and with China being rich it will be powerful and great.

It seems everything that comes out of China is the opposite of what it really is and should be. Everything people perceive in China is an illusion. Everything that comes out of the Chinese mouths is a lie, a lie to themselves and a lie to the world.

Does wealth come out of values or values come out of wealth? Does power lead to greatness or greatness lead to power? The Chinese got it all wrong.

The reason that America is the only superpower today is not because America's wealth and military power, but because of the set of values and institutions that America is based upon and adheres. I like to list just a few of those fundamental values and institutions:

1. The Christian roots and values on which the early Americans built their institutions. Moral absolutes, hardword, free expression of ideas, individual responsibilites, reason and logic are just a few of those that reflected American mindset.

2. Great founding fathers with their original and revolutionary ideas that lead to a entirely new set of political institutions that ensure the freedom and rights of every citizens in America. American Constitution is only one such examples.

3. A vibarant population of immigrants and a culture and institution of immigration. Fresh new blood what seeks freedom and creativity continues to flow into America. Not only the immigrants bring their work ethic, they remind constantly to the early immigrants of the values America adheres.

4. America, not as a border-bond geographical confinement, but as an ideal that mankind has always searched from its very beginning, attracts every freedom-loving person on earth to its bosom. Therefore America never lacks vatality and creativity that is a prerequisit of a great country.

With the solid moral foundation, America has been a Great Country from its very beginning. It is because of this greatness, America has been materialized as the most powerful nation on earth. The Chinese should reevaluate their priorities and assumptions and prejudices, and should rethink and rediscover what the reality is. So far, they have been deceiving themselves to walk into another trap, another dynastic cycle they seem never able to extract themselves from.

Last edited Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:34 am | Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2635 posts.