陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

盲人的灵智目光 When Only the Blind Can See

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:44 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

陈凯博客: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com

盲人的灵智目光
When Only the Blind Can See

价值一语: Words of Value:

It is one of my favorite thoughts, that God manifests himself to mankind in all wise, good, humble, generous, great and magnanimous men. --- John Caspar Lavater

我最欣赏的一个念头就是: 上苍在人类中所有的智慧的,好的,朴素的,大度的,杰出的与伟大的人们身上呈现他的存在。 --- John Caspar Lavater

Great thoughts alone change men and women. By the great thoughts of Jesus, men and women, for some two thousand years, have been changed from folly to the ways of wisdom, from baseness to wholesomeness, from cruelty to mercifulness, from sin to righteousness. --- Herrick Johnson

伟大的思想本身就会改变人们。 自从两千年前耶稣的伟大思想之后,人们便改变了他们自身: 从愚昧盲从走向智慧; 从低下肉欲走向灵智躯的完整; 从残忍走向同情; 从原弊走向道德。 --- Herrick Johnson

By Kai Chen 陈凯 (Reprint 10/1/2011)

In the movie "Villige", the heroine is a blind girl who has the wisdom and courage to see through the deception and evil, and take actions to save her lover, while many who have normal eye sight have been unable to see the truth, and often deceived by what their fleshy eye balls tell them. I hope people can learn something from that movie and really open their intellectual and spiritual eyes inside them to see the truths.

Now in real life in China, there is also a blind man named Chen Guangcheng who has the wisdom and courage to see the truth through evil and deception by the Chinese communist authorities and their insane birth control policies of "one child family". While others give in and submit themselves to the cruel authorities, Chen fights back with his insight and conscience. He exposed the evil practices by the local authorities in their enforcing the "one child" rules, and thus became an enemy of the state. He was arrested and put under constant surveilance. I applaud his courage and wisdom. Meanwhile I ponder on the phenomenon that quite often truth is only seen by the blind, while most people with normal eye sight have neither vision or courage to see and fight for the truth.

Maybe the blind can indeed see more than we do. Maybe we should be more aware of and more careful about what we see with our fleshy eye balls, not letting our normal sight fool ourselves. Maybe we should rely more on our souls and mind, not just the senses, to see the truth.

Now I will paste this article from today's LA Times here for you to read:

China's One-Child Problem

Chen Guangcheng is still paying the price for exposing sterilizations and forced abortions.

By Mark Magnier, Times Staff Writer
July 11, 2006

BEIJING — When a self-taught lawyer and activist named Chen Guangcheng went public with reports of forced abortions and other abuses by family-planning officials in China's Shandong province, he became a local hero.

He also became a state threat.

ADVERTISEMENT
Roughly a year later, despite international pressure, widespread support from lawyers and an acknowledgment from national officials that many of his disclosures were accurate, the 35-year-old Chen remains in custody.

His case stands as a warning that being right is not a sure defense in a system wary of any challenge to its authority.

On Monday, the blind activist's wife was interrogated and one of his supporters beaten, the latest in a series of moves apparently designed to intimidate and punish Chen for exposing forced abortions and sterilization under China's one-child campaign, one of his lawyers said.

Chen, villagers and his lawyers say tens of thousands of women and men were subjected to forced abortions and obligatory sterilization in and around Linyi, a municipal area with about 10 million people, in order to meet stringent quotas under the one-child campaign.

National family-planning officials insist most population programs are not coercive and say the one-child effort has helped elevate millions from poverty by ensuring more resources are available for the nation's vast population, currently more than 1.3 billion.

Despite its name, China's one-child system is a patchwork of rules under the umbrella of a national policy. Minority communities receive automatic exemptions. Urban parents who both come from one-child families can have a second offspring, as can farmers whose first child is a girl. Some pay fines to have more children.

But Beijing, which says the policy has prevented about 400 million births since its introduction in 1979, continues to pressure local areas on overall targets, spurring abuses.

"The current family-planning policy must be kept basically stable, a fundamental measure to cope with the fourth baby boom in the next five years," Zhang Weiqing, director of the National Population and Family Planning Commission, said in April.

Although other regions have seen forced abortions, activists say the abuses in Linyi were unusual because local authorities took villagers within the area hostage. When women fled to avoid losing their babies, lawyers and residents say, officials seized their parents, nephews or cousins as leverage, hoping to force the women to return.

Liang Suhe, a villager in Banqiao, said he was detained with his wife for a month last year because her brother and sister-in-law were planning to have a third child and authorities couldn't find her.

"We were both beaten up, but my wife was beaten harder," he said. "Her waist and her back still hurt periodically."

The officials wouldn't believe Liang when he told them he didn't know where his in-laws were, forcing him to make a 10-day trip to northeastern China in search of the couple. When he returned without his in-laws, Liang was detained again. He still doesn't know their whereabouts, he said.

A woman who would only give her family name as Wang said one of her husband's relatives had two girls and got pregnant last year in hopes of having a boy. When family-planning officials couldn't track her down, they detained Wang and her husband, Xia Jingshan. Wang said that she was released quickly but that her husband was kept for almost a week.

"They beat him with a leather stick until he couldn't breathe," she said. "He was beaten so hard he could barely walk, but the officials propped him up and forced him to go looking for his relatives anyway. He still feels pain in his waist on cloudy or rainy days."

Fearful that Xia would be beaten to death, the pregnant relative returned and submitted to the abortion, even though she was eight months pregnant, Wang said.

"It was a baby boy, and his hair was already very dark," Wang said. "The couple was so sad."

On Monday, Chen's wife and Hu Jia, a noted activist on HIV/AIDS issues and a Chen supporter, were walking toward Chen's house when more than 30 people surrounded Hu and beat him for half an hour, according to Teng Biao, Chen's lead lawyer. "His arm is hurt, but I don't know how bad," he said.

When the police arrived late into the beating, they made no attempt to stop the assailants, Teng said. Instead they took away Chen's wife, Yuan Weijing, for questioning.

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2638 posts.