陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

要健康疑问不要病态玩世不恭 Skepticism vs. Cynicism

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:40 pm
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

陈凯博客www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com

要健康疑问不要病态玩世不恭
Skepticism vs. Cynicism

陈凯一语: Kai Chen's Words:

Healthy skepticism is necessary, but sweeping cynicism is harmful.

健康地疑问是必须的,但玩世不恭则是有害的。

By Kai Chen 陈凯 (Reprint 9/29/2011)

I have just written a response to todcom on Youpai Forum about his message regarding Mr. Wang's article “中国人,你活该专政”. I hope he can respond to me here on my forum. Just be a man for once!

Cynicism is what we don't need for this forum and website. It corrodes honest exchange and corrupts debates and discussions. People hide behind cynical dismissals and cheap jokes aimed only at putting others down. I hope Mr. todcom is not a cynic, like most leftists in America. They don't believe there is truth or reality. They don't believe they themselves can make a difference. They don't believe there is greatness in the world. They don't offer anything of themselves but quote the famous and the powerful to suppress others so they have some illusion about their lives' worth. In the end, there don't truly believe there is existence. To them, there is only nothingness, and they can just be expedient, standing on nowhere and everywhere to be superior to others, like the Monkey King. This sickness is so prevelent in the leftist liberal community which I have experienced quite a bit. But it seems such cynicism is also present in other places such as this website and forum. So here about cynicism, left or right is not an issue.

I always believe one should fight nihilism, negativism and cynicism anywhere you see them. Don't keep your silence and sweep everything under the carpet. Let's get it to the open and debate the issues. Let's not hide under some lofty titles and names and engage in some meaningless Power-struggle. Let's be transparent about who we truly are. If we fail to do so, it will make everything we do here meaningless and pointless.

I hope all of you guys can express yourselves fully in my forum.

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2635 posts.