陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! 陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556

曾为英军士兵辩护的美国国父 John Adams - Justice above All

in 陈凯论坛 Kai Chen Forum 不自由,毋宁死! Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:45 am
by fountainheadkc • 1.397 Posts

Left: John Adams. Right: Thomas Jefferson

John Adams-曾为英军士兵辩护的美国国父
John Adams - Justice above All

每日一语:

John Adams 是美国第二任总统,也是美国独立战争时国父之一。 他曾在波士顿英军枪击抗议市民一案中抵御了暴民与舆论的压力为英军士兵成功地进行了辩护。 一个激情地倡导美国独立的人为了正义为英军士兵辩护。 他用自己的言行带给人们一个真理:自由一定要与正义同伍。 --- 陈凯

John Adams was the second American President. He was also one of the founding fathers during the American Independence War against England. He gained a great reputation for a person of justice in his courageous defense against the mobs' injustice for the British soldiers in the Boston Massacre. A passionate advocate for American independence from the British rule, his actions and words demonstrated the truth in American Revolution, and in any revolution against oppression: Freedom must go hand in hand with justice. --- Kai Chen

-----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Visitors:

As I watched the HBO TV series "John Adams", I was deeply moved by the sense of justice displayed by America's founding fathers. I had to ask myself the question: Could such a heroic and courageous act by John Adams to defend the British soldiers against the mobs be possible if the place were China?

My answer, as you all have guessed, is No. After John Adams' successful defense for the British soldiers who killed Boston citizens/mobs, he was invited to the Continental Congress and started his political career, all for his sense of justice and courage displayed in the Boston Massacre trial. Rule of Law, not rule by men, was what John Adams passionately believed in. America was truly and still is truly blessed by God.

John Adams and Thomas Jefferson became great friends throughout the American Independence war and the early years of the young republic.

On July 4, 1826, the 50th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence, John Adams and Thomas Jefferson both died at almost the same time.

The world became a better and more hopeful place because of these courageous and righteous individuals. I am proud to be American.

Best. Kai Chen 陈凯

Scroll up

陈凯博客 Kai Chen Blog: www.kaichenblog.blogspot.com 陈凯电邮 Kai Chen Email: elecshadow@aol.com 陈凯电话 Kai Chen Telephone: 661-367-7556
Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ancientgroundhog
Board Statistics
The forum has 906 topics and 2640 posts.